The UCLA Volunteer Center’s inaugural event, UCLA Volunteer Day, has become a cornerstone of the UCLA experience. It is one of the university’s largest community service events and occurs during True Bruin Welcome.
New freshmen and transfer students join together with continuing undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and community members to participate in a wide range of community service projects across Los Angeles and the globe. Volunteers participate at 45+ community partner sites providing critical service work, beautification, and support at food banks, parks, shelters, senior centers, schools, veterans’ facilities, and various other community organizations.
On September 25, 2021, the Volunteer Center celebrated the 13th annual Volunteer Day.
Volunteer Day Through the Years
How do I register to volunteer?
- Registration is required for all volunteers. Sign up to volunteer for a specific site in your area by navigating to the registration form, which is linked at the bottom of each project site page. Registered volunteers will receive additional email information about their project in September.
When can I register for volunteer?
Registration for Volunteer Day 2021 is now open. Registration will close on September 22.
Where will volunteers serve on UCLA Volunteer Day?
- On Volunteer Day 2021, Bruins will provide service in-person with our community partners, including but not limited to causes related to hunger, homelessness, support of children, and support of senior citizens.
Will UCLA Volunteer Day 2021 be an in-person or virtual event?
- UCLA Volunteer Day 2021 will be an in-person event.
How will UCLA Volunteer Day 2021 stay COVID Safe?
- UCLA Volunteer Day will follow all UCLA COVID requirements at each site, including all participants to be masked, vaccinated and/or COVID tested. For more information about UCLA and COVID requirements, please visit; UCLA COVID-19 Resources - Coronavirus information for the campus community
Who can participate in UCLA Volunteer Day?
- UCLA Volunteer Day general volunteer roles are open to all members of the UCLA community which includes all students, staff, alumni, faculty, retirees, family and UCLA community members. **Please note, all volunteers must comply with UCLA COVID requirement at each site.**
Why doesn't a project site show up on the registration form?
- If a project site is missing from the drop-down list in the registration form, that particular project site has reached full capacity.
Will there be a UCLA Volunteer Day waiver?
- Yes, waivers will be required for all in-person events
What should volunteers wear and bring on Volunteer Day?
- We encourage all of our volunteers to wear blue and gold or UCLA gear. Specific information depending on the project site will be sent to all registrants. Bring sunglasses, a reusable water bottle, hats, sunscreen (if outside), and close toed shoes.
How can volunteers get involved in service after Volunteer Day?
- Check out Community Service Commission
- Email us photos: email@example.com
- Bookmark the website: volunteer.ucla.edu
- Like us on Facebook: fb.com/uclavolunteer
- Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/uclavolunteer
- Find us on Instagram: instagram.com/uclavolunteer
- View Campus Opportunities: https://volunteer.ucla.edu/service-campus
- Search our Volunteer Database: https://volunteer.ucla.edu/volunteer-database
Can I donate to Volunteer Day or the UCLA Volunteer Center?
- Help support the Volunteer Center and Volunteer Day by giving to UCLA. If you are interested donating, please give at giving.ucla.edu
Who should I contact for any specific questions related to Volunteer Day?
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions or concerns.