The UCLA Volunteer Center’s inaugural event, UCLA Volunteer Day, has become a cornerstone of the UCLA experience. It is one of the university’s largest community service events and occurs during True Bruin Welcome.
New freshmen and transfer students join together with continuing undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and community members to participate in a wide range of community service projects across Los Angeles and the globe. Volunteers participate at 45+ community partner sites providing critical service work, beautification, and support at food banks, parks, shelters, senior centers, schools, veterans’ facilities, and various other community organizations.
Register for UCLA Volunteer Day 2021 Projects
To register and view details about each project that we will have on the day, please click on the various categories below. If the site is no longer listed on the sign up form, we have hit maximum capacity. Do not delay, sign up today!
Rose Bowl Bruins (Project Full)
Ahead With Horses (Project Full)
Children / Family
Boys & Girls Club of Burbank & GEV (Project Full)
Braddock Elementary School (Project Full)
Cowan Ave. Elementary School (Project Full)
Free Arts (Project Full)
Hillsides (Project Full)
Lincoln Park Recreation Center (Project Full)
Mark Twain Middle School (Project Full)
Paseo del Rey Elementary Natural Science Magnet (Project Full)
PS Science (Project Full)
Puente Learning Center (Project Full)
Valley Village (Project Full)
Walgrove Elementary School (Project Full)
Walt Whitman High School (Project Full)
Friends of Ballona Wetlands (Project Full)
LA Green Grounds / Be Green Bruins (Project Full)
Los Angeles Audubon Society (Project Full)
Los Angeles Neighborhood Land Trust (Project Full)
Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy (Project Full)
Runyon Canyon Park Cleanup (Project Full)
Surfrider Foundation / UCLA SAA - Beach Cleanup (Project Full)
TreePeople (Project Full)
Arroyo High School Farm Lab (Project Full)
Fountain Community Gardens (Project Full)
jane b semel HCI Community Garden (Project Full)
Day For Girls - Menstrual Product Kit Assembly (Project Full)
Safe Place For Youth (Project Full)
Food Finders (Project Full)
Los Angeles Regional Food Bank (Project Full)
Westside Food Bank (Project Full)
Campus Beautification Project (Project Full)
D5280 Rotarians Fighting Human Trafficking - Letter Writing (Project Full)
The Book Truck (Project Full)
Westwood Cleanup Project (Project Full)
Service Is What We Do
On September 25, 2021, the Volunteer Center will celebrate the 13th annual Volunteer Day.
Volunteer Day Through the Years
How do I register to volunteer?
- Registration is required for all volunteers. Sign up to volunteer for a specific site in your area by navigating to the registration form, which is linked at the bottom of each project site page. Registered volunteers will receive additional email information about their project in September.
When can I register for volunteer?
Registration for Volunteer Day 2021 is now open. Registration will close on September 22.
Where will volunteers serve on UCLA Volunteer Day?
- On Volunteer Day 2021, Bruins will provide service in-person with our community partners, including but not limited to causes related to hunger, homelessness, support of children, and support of senior citizens.
Will UCLA Volunteer Day 2021 be an in-person or virtual event?
- UCLA Volunteer Day 2021 will be an in-person event.
How will UCLA Volunteer Day 2021 stay COVID Safe?
- UCLA Volunteer Day will follow all UCLA COVID requirements at each site, including all participants to be masked, vaccinated and/or COVID tested. For more information about UCLA and COVID requirements, please visit; UCLA COVID-19 Resources - Coronavirus information for the campus community
Who can participate in UCLA Volunteer Day?
- UCLA Volunteer Day general volunteer roles are open to all members of the UCLA community which includes all students, staff, alumni, faculty, retirees, family and UCLA community members. **Please note, all volunteers must comply with UCLA COVID requirement at each site.**
Why doesn't a project site show up on the registration form?
- If a project site is missing from the drop-down list in the registration form, that particular project site has reached full capacity.
Will there be a UCLA Volunteer Day waiver?
- Yes, waivers will be required for all in-person events
What should volunteers wear and bring on Volunteer Day?
- We encourage all of our volunteers to wear blue and gold or UCLA gear. Specific information depending on the project site will be sent to all registrants. Bring sunglasses, a reusable water bottle, hats, sunscreen (if outside), and close toed shoes.
How can volunteers get involved in service after Volunteer Day?
- Check out Community Service Commission
- Email us photos: email@example.com
- Bookmark the website: volunteer.ucla.edu
- Like us on Facebook: fb.com/uclavolunteer
- Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/uclavolunteer
- Find us on Instagram: instagram.com/uclavolunteer
- View Campus Opportunities: https://volunteer.ucla.edu/service-campus
- Search our Volunteer Database: https://volunteer.ucla.edu/volunteer-database
Can I donate to Volunteer Day or the UCLA Volunteer Center?
- Help support the Volunteer Center and Volunteer Day by giving to UCLA. If you are interested donating, please give at giving.ucla.edu
Who should I contact for any specific questions related to Volunteer Day?
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions or concerns.