We welcome you to the Weekend to End Homelessness, happening October 19 – 21. It is an unprecedented campaign designed to engage, educate and inspire LA County residents to get directly connected to their local homeless service providers. People often say they want to help do something about homelessness but don’t know how or what to do. The Weekend to End Homelessness is the solution to that problem.
In partnership with LAHSA (Los Angeles Homeless Service Authority), Los Angeles County Homeless Initiative, United Way’s Everyone In, Mayor Garcetti’s Office of Public Engagement, and several amazing service providers, Homeful.LA currently features over 50 events that LA County residents can sign-up for in their own backyards between October 19-21. LA County residents can sign-up to walk the streets of Skid Row, or tour interim and permanent supportive housing in their area. They can drop off new and gently used items to service providers, or volunteer to prepare meals and help with beautification projects during The Weekend to End Homelessness. In addition, there will be headline events in each region featuring information fairs, hosted by elected officials.
Groups and individuals can go to www.homeful.la to find more opportunities in their area with established partner organizations such as PATH, New Directions for Veterans, The Salvation Army, The Midnight Mission, City of Long Beach, Inner City Law Center, Harbor Interfaith Services, and more.
Have any questions: W2EH@innercitylaw.org or call Erin at 213.891.3209.
Headline events in each region include:
– San Gabriel Valley: Supervisor Hilda L. Solis is hosting a Kick-off Information Fair on Friday from 5 pm – 8 pm. Bassett Park,La Puente.
– San Fernando Valley: Councilmember Bob Blumenfield is hosting a Panel on Homelessness in Reseda on Saturday from 10 am – 12 pm. 18118 Sherman Way, Reseda.
– Van Nuys: State Senator Bob Hertzberg is hosting a donation drive and tour of Hope of the Valley from 10 am – 4 pm. The Senator will speak at 2 pm. 6425 Tyrone Ave, Van Nuys.
– Westside: Venice Community Housing is hosting a supportive housing tour Gateway Apartments on Friday 8:30 am – 10 am. 3368 Beach Ave, Marina Del Rey.
– Antelope Valley: The Salvation Army is conducting a tour of their emergency shelter on Friday 11:30 am – 12:30 pm. 44517 Sierra Highway, Lancaster.
– Highland Park: Councilmember Gil Cedillo is hosting the Arroyo Roundup (Car show) and Information Fair on Saturday from 12 pm – 6 pm. Ave 58 and Marmion Way, Los Angeles
– South Bay/Inglewood: US Vets is hosting a tour at their Inglewood location on Friday from 9 am – 4 pm. 733 Hindry Ave, Inglewood.
Visit https://homeful.la/volunteer/month/?tribe-bar-date=2018-10-01 for inndividual event times
Tags: at-risk youth, disabilities, hunger, health, mentoring, poverty, special needs, veterans, youth, homeless, homelessness