At the Zimmer Children’s Museum by ShareWell, our mission is to help young people develop their capacity for creating positive change through interactive learning, collaboration, and creative self-expression. “We All Play!” hosted by the Zimmer, is a day when children (ages 6 months to 10 years old) and their families come together for a whole day of play where they get to explore these very concepts.
Festivities for attendees include musical performances, food, interactive art exhibitions, booths for interactive play, take-home arts and crafts, food, and much more!
And as a volunteer you will be helping make this awesome day come to life!
Volunteers can expect to help with:
– decoration & event-prep
– setting up activity stations
– facilitating various booth activities
– greeting and directing guests
The event will be officially be taking place on April 28th (SAT), but we will be needing volunteers the day before, April 27 (FRI) to help set-up as well. Below are the general times we will be needing volunteers:
April 27 – 11AM – 4PM
April 28 – 10AM – 5PM
Lunch will be provided. More details will be provided upon registration.
– Must be 18 or older
– Complete an application form: click here
– Be able to complete a background check
– Comfortable around children and families
– Commitment to at least one of the two days listed
– Have a positive attitude!
• All volunteers must pass a background check as part of the initial registration process.
• We may ask you to walk, stand, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, sit, run, talk and hear, and ability to lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. However, accommodations can be made on a case by case basis.
We will be needing volunteers for the day of the event, but we will also need some volunteers to help set-up for the day prior.
The general times we will be needing for both days listed below:
April 27 - 11AM-4PM
April 28 - 10AM-5PM
Tags: art, education, youth, children, museum, child development, arts and crafts, festival, creative