Interested in interacting with patients on a one-on-one basis, learning about bedside manner, and help the David Geffen School of Medicine renew its ACGME accreditation in the process?
Then consider the UCLA ARC Medical Program! The ARC (Assessing Residents C-ICARE) Program at UCLA is a community of student volunteers, interns, staff, and those dedicated to improving overall patient satisfaction in the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center & Medical Plaza and the Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center & Orthopaedic Hospital.
Here are just some of the highlights of being a member of ARC:
• One-on-one clinical patient interaction
• Contribute to the accreditation of the David Geffen School of Medicine’s Residency Programs and the Resident Physician’s 360 Degree Evaluations
• Participate in monthly meetings with invited guest speakers (Past speakers have included Dr. Marvin Bergsneider, Vice Chairman of UCLA Neurosurgery, Amir Rubin, Chief Operating Officer of UCLA Medical Center and Dave Clark, Dean of Admissions at the UCLA School of Public Health)
• Great way to meet and network with other students at UCLA who have similar or broad interests as Pre-Health/Med or any other majors
• Being part of a unique program that is not only affiliated with the School of Medicine but also doing one of a kind work that few programs in the nation do
If this interests you, we would like to highly encourage you to consider applying to ARC. Our application is online at: http://www.arcucla.co.cc/ and we are always looking for bright and enthusiastic people to join our team. The application deadline for the current admissions cycle is August 31, 2011. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.