Volunteer Internship Overview
Sophia Sanchez Jimenez, Program Manager, in support of the Program Team in Los Angeles, will coordinate this volunteer internship. Volunteer interns can expect to support projects that advance the goals of the organization while building a professional portfolio.
Our Projects may include:
• Apprenticeship Operations: Support apprenticeship quality by supporting and chaperoning apprenticeship dispatch, visiting apprenticeships at work places, organizing volunteer appreciation throughout the session and supporting Spark volunteer networking events. Some components of our program include evening events, such as: Match Nights (student-mentor meet and greets) and Discovery Nights (culminating ceremonies).
• Volunteer Coordination and Tracking: Ensure safe and sound apprenticeships by verifying compliance of all paperwork for volunteers, maintaining Spark’s volunteer database (familiarity with Salesforce and Google Docs a plus), and assisting in planning logistics for and documentation of all apprenticeships.
• Data and evaluation support: Support Spark’s growth based on real data and feedback by tracking Spark surveys, student grades and attendance, and other evaluation materials in an organized and timely fashion.
Volunteer Internship Logistics
Office Time: Seeking volunteer interns with availability on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and/or Friday from 1:00pm-6:00pm with potential for some evening hours; preference will be given to those who can commit to at least 2-3 full days in the office per week.
Compensation: Please note this is a volunteer internship and is unpaid.
Intern candidates should:
● Be enrolled in a degree seeking program (undergraduate or graduate students preferred); recent
● Be hard-working, accountable, and able to work autonomously
● Be creative
● Be comfortable asking questions and asking for direction
● Be organized and prepared
● Be detail-oriented
● Have previous internship experience (preferred)
● Interest in working with middle school youth, experience a plus
● Spanish a plus
Please email resume and letter of interest/cover letter to: Sophia Sanchez Jimenez, Program Manager,
Spark is an equal opportunity provider of volunteer experiences. We encourage applications from all
individuals regardless of age, gender, race ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation, and evaluate all
candidates based on merit.
Tags: at-risk youth, education, non-profit
Contact Person: Sophia Jimenez
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone Number: 213-447-0490
Organization: Spark Program LA