Travel, gain experience abroad, and give back with Volunteer Global and Jamaica Adventure Secrets this July! Over one week, you’ll volunteer with a children’s home and explore beautiful Kingston, Jamaica for this country’s 50th anniversary of independence.
Program dates are July 8—13, with a special sign-up fee of $485 per person, a discount of 30% on Jamaica Adventure Secrets’ five-day volunteer trips. This program is open to students, recent graduates, and professionals 18 and over.
The volunteer project will take you to a Kingston children’s home, which cares for orphaned and underserved children. As a volunteer, you can help coach sports programs, teach computer literacy, and assist with the children’s homework, or you can work directly with the house mothers to prepare meals and help with childcare.
In addition to the volunteer project, you’ll tour a variety of spots throughout Kingston and outside of the city, including trips to the local market and theater, Jamaican nightlife immersion, and an optional tour to Dunn’s River Falls.
Throughout the week, you’ll stay in double rooms at the Smokey Manor Guest House, a fully accommodated house with patios, a basketball court, outdoor grilling, Internet access, and more.
The program fee covers:
• Pickup and drop-off at Norman Manley International Airport
• Welcome and introduction to program
• Guidance throughout volunteer program and excursions
• Double occupancy at the Smokey Manor Guest House
• Two meals per day
• Jamaica 50th Anniversary t-shirt
• Audio book: My Secret Jamaica Exposed
• Bottle of Louisa Jerk Seasoning
• Cooking class
• Nightlife tour or theater visit (transfers only)
• Tours and excursions as in itinerary
• Optional tours to Dunn’s River Falls
The program fee does not include airfare to and from Jamaica or related fees (such as passport or visa application, if needed); trip or health insurance; or snacks, souvenirs, lunch, or personal expenses.
To learn more and get started, email Jamaica@volunteerglobal.com or visit Volunteer Global online at www.VolunteerGlobal.com/trips.