Empower and Care Organization (EACO) was founded in 2004 at the community level and was registered as a Community Based Organization (CBO) in 2006 (registration number MG/2006/10/294). EACO was established to address the limited educational and economic opportunities that exist for vulnerable groups of women and children in Mukono County. EACO’s vision is that, by implementing activities that provide these opportunities, it will contribute to the reduction of poverty and HIV/AIDS in the Mukono community.
Strengthen Sexual and Reproductive Health for youth in Uganda
Capacity Building and Training
* To train service providers for Adolescent Friendly SRH Services provision
* To train peer educators on communication and counseling skills
* To set up adolescent Reproductive Health Clubs for mobilization both in and out of school adolescents for life skills and other positive reproductive health behaviours.
Information Education and Communication
* To develop and distribute relevant IEC materials to all RH services delivery points
Adolescent SRH Service Delivery
* To establish Adolescent Friendly SRH services at all delivery points
* To initiate community based recreation activities for adolescents
* To explore avenues of setting up income generating activities for adolescents
Monitoring and Evaluation
* To initiate a process of involving adolescents in planning for their health
* To establish at regular basis the indicators for adolescent health as provided for in the SRH Minimum Package
The following are specific advocacy activities that will be implemented.
Orientation/sensitization meetings for district and sub-county leaders.
Conduct dialogues at district and sub county levels with District leadership, sub county leadership, Health service providers, youth and opinion leaders/members in selected communities.
Organize/conduct music dance and drama exhibition with community youth groups to identify and voice SRH concerns of young people from their own perspective.
Develop and disseminate advocacy messages (IEC materials, radio spots, radio programmes and talk shows on SRH on radio and print materials
Qualifications: EACO is in need of skilled professionals that can help the organization to improve and develop. EACO is committed to ensuring all experiences are as mutually beneficial as possible. Our staff will welcome you as one of the family, and give you the chance to make life-long friends in the community, really make a difference, and work with a truly inspirational community based organization.
Health Requirements: Interns must take anti-malaria pills.
Equipment/Clothing: Suitable clothes for hot/rainy climate. EACO is a well respected organization, both in the community and internationally. We ask that volunteers are clean and presentable when undertaking their work in the community.
Insurance: Interns’s responsibility.
Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
Computer literacy and database familiarity required.
The ideal candidate writes persuasive, clear, concise proposals and has experience writing proposals.
A disciplined self-starter who pays attention to detail, regularly sets and achieves work goals, has the ability to work independently and calmly.
Ability to work well in a small team environment is essential.
5-8 hours per days for 360 hours or less, even those who want to do it within a week or 2 weeks are welcome, Groups are much welcome
Tags: seniors, sustainability, youth, education, at-risk youth, health, international, mentoring, on campus, poverty