9 Dots is a nonprofit after-school program focusing on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) that works with underserved and underrepresented youth in Hollywood. We are looking for volunteer tutors who can provide homework help and mentoring to elementary and middle-school students. Tutors will work one-on-one with students to help them complete their homework and make sure they understand the concepts involved. Tutors will also support core staff with implementing hands-on engineering projects during each session. Tutors with experience will also have the opportunity to be a project lead.
We are currently gearing up for the upcoming school year, and we’re looking for enthusiastic volunteers to work with our kids! These positions would be perfect for someone who loves working with kids, is interested in working in the nonprofit sector, education or is passionate about STEM.
Specific Job Duties:
– Work one-on-one with elementary & middle-school students on homework and academic projects
– Lead small groups of students in hands-on STEM based projects
– Act as a positive role model for students
– Team player that works well in groups as well as independently
– Previous experience tutoring and working with kids preferred
– Ability to tutor middle school math and science
For more information and to apply email email@example.com.