CFY helps students in low-income communities, together with their teachers and families, fully harness the power of digital learning to improve educational outcomes.
What We Do:
– Drive student engagement, student self-directed learning, and academic achievement
– Train families on how to use digital learning activities and access free technology resources
– Provide home support for families, consisting of a Home Learning Center (a refurbished home computer loaded with educational software) that is the family’s to keep, free online subscriptions to additional educational software, 24×7 bilingual help desk support, and information about affordable broadband options
What Volunteers Do:
– Provide Classroom assistance as families learn to use their new Home Learning Centers
– Help students learn through our fun and interactive educational software
– Ensure families have a good time using their Home Learning Centers
Date: Saturday, December 1, 2012
KIPP LA College Prep Middle School, 2810 Whittier Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90023
11:00am-4:00pm (PM session – light lunch included)
Training: Volunteer training is conducted during the first 30 minutes of each session
All volunteers receive a free CFY t-shirt to wear at the workshop and to keep!