Empower and Care Organization (EACO) was founded in 2004 at the community level and was registered as a Community Based Organization (CBO) in 2006 (registration number MG/2006/10/294). EACO was established to address the limited educational and economic opportunities that exist for vulnerable groups of women and children in Mukono County. EACO’s vision is that, by implementing activities that provide these opportunities, it will contribute to the reduction of poverty and HIV/AIDS in the Mukono community.
TOPIC AREAS, KEY POINTS AND LEARNING ACTIVITIES OF THE PROJECT TO BE COVERED
1. What is food security?
2. What to do in order to be food secure?
Growing of crops for example banana, potatoes, beans, maize, cassava and millet among others.
Rearing quick maturing animals for example pigs and local chicken
3. Establishing and management of the above items.
4. Harvesting and storing of the above food items.
5. For Beneficiaries who are in town elementary commercial skills should be taught to them like stall in markets and canteens
FARMERS ORIENTATION TO MARKET
1. To produce goods in big quantities but of high quality.
2. Should do be thought how to keep records. Here income and expenditure, records should be encouraged.
1. What is environment?
2. How to protect the environment?
HYGIENE AND SANITATION
1. Mostly in their homes
2. Should have pit latrines
3. Raised stand
4. Clean compound
5. Barth rooms
6. Kitchen with all components
INTRODUCTION TO GENDER ISSUES
2. Visiting sites
3. Participatory approach to all issues
4. Video shows on farming.
5 to 8 hours per day
Tags: youth, veterans, technology, sustainability, special needs, seniors, poverty, on campus, international, hunger, health, disabilities, education, environment, at-risk youth