Los Angeles High School of the Arts (LAHSA) at the RFK Community Schools Complex is located in the heart of Koreatown. This LAUSD school serves 410 students, many who come from first generation immigrant families of Latino and/or Korean descent. LAHSA strives to develop a rich academic and artistic community that inspires students to be independent and cooperative young adults who meet challenges with creativity and determination.
- Identify local businesses and community partners that are interested in supporting LAHSA’s Mentor Program
- Develop strong relationships with key staff to facilitate execution and growth of partnerships for in-kind donations.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written and verbal communication skills, in dealing with partners at all levels
- Independent and able to manage own progress and deadlines.
- Comfortable in a spokesperson and networking role.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task while creating process and structure in entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in development preferred
Equipment Requirements: Laptop and internet access. Applicants with access to their own transportation are preferred
Benefits: Unpaid. Volunteers will benefit from this great learning experience, enhance their resumes, and build their personal and professional skills as they make a difference in the LAHSA community
Location(s): Travel to Sponsor sites in Koreatown will be necessary
Duration: Position is open year-round. Internship length is flexible, but with a minimum of 4 month
Hours: 2-4 hours a week (Flexible)
Tags: at-risk youth, education, health, mentoring