CFY helps students in low-income communities, together with their teachers and families, fully harness the power of digital learning to improve educational outcomes.
What We Do:
– Drive student engagement, student self-directed learning, and academic achievement
– Train families on how to use digital learning activities and access free technology resources
– Provide home support for families, consisting of a Home Learning Center (a refurbished home computer loaded with educational software) that is the family’s to keep, free online subscriptions to additional educational software, 24×7 bilingual help desk support, and information about affordable broadband options
What Volunteers Do:
– Provide Classroom assistance as families learn to navigate digital learning
– Ensure families have a good time in workshop
Date: Thursday March 7, 2013
1650 E. 104th St. Los Angeles, CA 90002
Time: 5:00pm-8:00pm (PM session)
Training: Volunteer training is conducted during the first 30 minutes of each session
All volunteers receive a free CFY t-shirt to wear at the workshop and to keep!