Tranquil Care Hospice provides support and comfort to those diagnosed with a life-limiting illness. Our mission is to support and provide care for a patient to deal with death in a “tranquil” and peaceful manner, allowing them to comfortably move on with positive thoughts and memories.
As a patient care Volunteer, you may read a book, listen to a life story, give a break to family caregivers, play soothing music from your iPad, or just hold a hand at the bedside. In some cases, the patient may not be able to engage in normal conversations due to terminal illnesses. In this case, the Volunteer’s main role is to be present and sit with the patient to give the family members a break from the toll of caregiving.
We serve patients on the Westside, convenient to UCLA. There are flexible hours to fit your class and general schedule. An orientation and training is provided after all application forms are completed. A nine-month commitment is requested for the Volunteer position.
1. Volunteer Application and Background Check
2. Driver’s License and proof of current auto insurance
3. Personal and reliable transportation for patient visits
4. Medical Clearance, such as a TB/drug test
5. Orientation and Training
- Times may vary according to your schedule.
- Flexible hours depending on the patient and the facility location for visitation hours.
Tags: health, seniors, hospice, health care, volunteer, medical