WHO WE ARE:
Opened in 1908 as a safe refuge for unwed mothers, St. Anne’s has evolved into one of the most highly regarded social-service agencies in the country. We offer residential care and transitional housing, family education and mental health services, early childhood education and workforce development. These comprehensive services nurture the safety, success and hope of parents and children, building strong families from the inside out. We aim to break the cycle of homelessness, poverty, abuse and neglect for Los Angeles families.
WHO WE SERVE:
Our programs provide our city’s most vulnerable with the tools and assistance they need to improve the long-term safety and success of their children and families:
• Infants and toddlers thrive in our Early Learning Centers while their parents go to work and school.
• Preschoolers learn the ABCs and begin a love of learning.
• Young mothers living at St. Anne’s break the cycles of their past, learn to parent and create safe homes for their young children.
• Former foster youth receive counseling, child care and career counseling so they can start to build meaningful careers and provide for their families.
• Low-income parents receive counseling and parenting classes through St. Anne’s each year. They work with St. Anne’s to build healthy families and prevent another generation of foster children.
A boutique shopping event for our residents, affectionately named, “Forever THP”, this event rewards our young moms for their hard working efforts towards life goals required by the program. Over the past few months, our residents have been receiving “THP bucks” to incentivize completion of various tasks like paying rent on time, following through with scheduled meetings, or working towards personal intentions. This event also allows them an opportunity to spend that “money” in a fun way. “Forever THP” has proven to be a ton of fun for our young moms, and staff, and a chance to demonstrate that we really do see them and see all the hard work they’ve put into their time in our program. I invite you to be part of their accomplishments!
Event Time: 4pm - 8pm
Set up: 2pm – 4pm
1st Shift: 3:30pm – 5:30pm
2nd Shift: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Clean Up: 7:30pm – 9:30pm
Tags: at-risk youth, education, mentoring, poverty, youth, hunger, health
Contact Person: Esperanza Evans
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone Number: 2133812931 x248
Organization: St. Anne's