Want to Volunteer on a Real Environmental Campaign?
Help protect the pristine Bristol Bay Watershed- Gain hands on experience as a professional organizer in action!
Who We Are:
24Connect – a small public relations and marketing firm specializing in the coordination of creative issue-based campaigns that help to achieve meaningful, progressive public interest goals – is looking for interns/grassroots organizers to coordinate university outreach for a campaign to protect threatened public lands in Bristol Bay, Alaska.
What to Expect:
Organizers work closely with 24Connect staff and are an integral part of our campaign. Organizers will serve as campus leaders for a grassroots effort on behalf of a large Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit, and will be the given materials, assistance and tools to effectively generate public comments in support of protecting the pristine Bristol Bay watershed.
We are looking for motivated candidates to start immediately. The internship will last through the end of May, with the possibility of an extension to work on this and other 24Connect projects through the summer.
Tasks will include:
• Coordinating grassroots outreach on campus
• Collecting public comments in support of this urgent environmental protection campaign
• Special event support
Qualified candidates will be:
• A recent graduate or student who can dedicate up to 10 hours per week
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficient at public speaking
• Interested in environmental issues
• Self-starting worker
• Able to work independently
• Based in Southern California