NAMI is the nation’s largest volunteer-led grassroots organization helping individuals affected by mental illness. Through our free services and programs, we offer hope and help within our community. We help save lives. Do you want to join us?
We are extremely excited to be experiencing a growth spurt and are currently in need of writers capable of assisting us in building training materials that reflect a conversational tone. Your work will help new and existing volunteers know the what, when, where, how, and why of their role within our organization.
– Support us in creating content for our training manuals for the diverse roles within our nonprofit organization from Communications Chairperson to Administrative Assistants
You are given…
– Tools needed to succeed in your role (including onboarding, basic training, and a relationship manager who will ensure your volunteer experience is fun)
– Existing manuals to guide your work
– A list of preferred key words we suggest using to honor our uplifting and inspiring work
– A Journalism, English, or Communications student –OR– a professional in those fields seeking career enrichment through volunteering
– Strong and skilled in writing, editing, and proofreading
– Eager to help minimize the stigma placed on mental illness
– Able to work remotely
If you wish to lend our team a helping hand in creating a library of action, click the “I want to help” button and start a rewarding journey as a Content Writer with NAMI San Fernando Valley! **Be sure to include your phone number, email address, and a short writing sample and we will contact you within 48 hours**
The programs and initiatives of National Alliance on Mental Illness – San Fernando Valley are staffed by talented volunteers who have the passion, drive and expertise necessary to fulfill our mission. NAMI SFV welcomes and appreciates individual differences and invites diversity in its broadest definition. We are devoted to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of transparency, authenticity, creativity, and kindness.
Flexible schedule, we work with your needs. Work done remotely. We welcome any and all volunteer help, and aim for a time commitment of around 2-4 hours a week for 4-6 weeks, minimum if at all possible for this position.
Tags: health, disabilities, youth, veterans, mental illness, nami, writing, content writer, writer, journalism, communications, editor, journalist, blogger, anxiety, depression, ptsd, human rights