The California Secretary of State has secured additional funding for this upcoming June 7, 2016, Presidential Primary Election. With some of that funding we’re taking on the unprecedented task of observing election conditions in each of California’s 58 counties on Election Day.
We’re now seeking volunteers statewide, to be reimbursed for food, travel, and hotel accommodations, to act as Election Day Observers throughout California.
If you are available for this election and would be interested in helping to ensure our democracy is strong, open, and accessible to all Californians, then please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 916-695-1581, today.
Volunteers are needed with good writing and observation skills. Travel expenses, hotel accommodations, and meals will be reimbursed for volunteers, who will be expected to spend the entirety of Election Day observing election procedures.
Duties will involve the following:
• Attend a Pollworker Training course in assigned county before Election Day
– One-day training sometime between May 23rd and June 7th.
• Attend a one-hour Secretary of State Training session (via teleconference)
• Visit and fill out checklists for approximately 20-25 polling places on Election Day
– Day starts at 6:30 a.m. and ends after 11:00 p.m.
– Hotel accommodations, if needed, will be provided for both nights
• Submit checklists and write a post-election report of your experiences
Volunteers should also have:
• A private vehicle to use on Election Day (mileage reimbursed),
• GPS or navigation equipment for vehicle (or on smartphone), and
• A personal cell/smartphone for use.
From early election morning to late election night.
Tags: social justice, elections, democracy
Contact Person: Jon Ivy
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone Number: 916-695-1581
Organization: California Secretary of State, Elections Division