American Red Cross Mission:
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Blood Donor Ambassador:
The role of a donor ambassador is to provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service and enhance the donor experience. Engage with donors to make the donation experience fulfilling and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations.
- Welcome and great donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately.
- Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform activities as directed.
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Area.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values.
- Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community.
- Network and meet new people.
- Leadership positions available for volunteers who show interest and commitment to the Red Cross mission.
Variable; preferred at least one 6 hour shift per month
Tags: disaster relief, health, international, sustainability, nonprofit, red cross, public health