In collaboration with the UCLA Volunteer Center and UCLA Advocacy, the Social Media and Marketing Internship Program (SMMIP) will provide 15 motivated students the resources to serve UCLA and the Greater Los Angeles community through cause-based marketing and social media. The program builds and enhances pathways for UCLA students interested in philanthropy to prepare for marketing careers in the nonprofit sector.
During the fall quarter, the program will feature classroom style workshops (1.5 hour weekly) to develop and strengthen social media and marketing skills. In the winter quarter, interns will utilize their newly-developed skills to support a Volunteer Center or Advocacy initiative. Additional projects include leading a service project or advocacy effort or developing a cause-based social media campaign. At the end of the internship, students will have a portfolio to showcase their work with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign.
- Attend weekly workshops – interns will be dropped from the program after 3 unexcused absences.
- Attend at least one Volunteer Center service project in the fall and winter quarter to take photos and interview volunteers or community partners.
- Attend at least one UCLA Advocacy event in the fall quarter in order to provide web or social media content.
- Complete assignments and projects on time.
- Current UCLA undergraduate student
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Interest in social justice or advocacy
- Interest in enhancing digital marketing and design skills
- Ability to complete time-sensitive projects
- Knowledgeable of basic social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A “can-do” attitude
- Available 5-6:30 pm on Wednesdays
- Committed to advancing the missions of the UCLA Volunteer Center and UCLA Advocacy
Learn about past Interns:
We are not taking applications at this moment. The best way to know about future SMMIP application deadlines and other UCLA Volunteer Center events is by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.