Each spring, a new group of students are chosen to serve for thirteen months to work with the Center to plan the year’s agenda and attend regular meetings with staff and advisors. Fellows come from a variety of community and leadership perspectives at UCLA and in the Los Angeles community. Participating students receive a scholarship of $1,000 during the academic year for their service. The Fellows serve as an advisory board that works with the Center to increase the accessibility of community service and civic engagement opportunities by creating and promoting resources, support systems, and projects for both campus service organizations and students.
The Volunteer Center Fellows lead a number of service initiatives throughout the year, including the Mongelli Award for Excellence in Civic Engagement, Three Pillars, One University, Non-profit Networking Night, and Volunteer Appreciation Week.
The deadline for 2018-19 Fellows has now passed. Please check back in Spring 2019 for applications for 2019-2020.
Exceptional candidates will demonstrate many of the following characteristics:
• Previous or current student group leadership
• Interest and active participation in community service and advocacy
• Creative and innovative group participation
• Effective communication skills
• Interest and experience with social media outlets
• Current UCLA graduate or undergraduate student
• Great communication and writing and leadership skills
• Ability to complete time-sensitive projects
• Knowledgeable of basic social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
• Ability to meet deadlines
• A positive and “can-do” attitude
• Available 4:00-6:00 pm on Tuesdays for meetings
• Committed to advancing the missions of the UCLA Volunteer Center and UCLA Alumni Affairs