The Volunteer Center has an unwritten motto: Service Never Sleeps. Producing meaningful service projects requires a team effort, and the Center is lucky to have several talented groups of UCLA students to make this task seem effortless. The Volunteer Center is recruiting to fill student leadership roles this Spring:
Volunteer Center Fellows
- Plan and provide feedback for civic engagement projects
- Serve as an advisory board to increase the accessibility of service opportunities
- Student leadership and professional development
- One year commitment: Spring 2013-Spring 2014
- Learn more & apply online by Friday, April 5: volunteer.ucla.edu/about/fellows
Social Media & Marketing Internship Program
- Promote and document volunteer service
- Develop skills in areas such as communication, technology, collaboration, and community outreach
- Use social media for social good
- One quarter commitment: Spring 2013, with an option to continue Summer 2013
- Learn more & apply online by Sunday, March 31: volunteer.ucla.edu/interns
Project SPELL ESL Tutors
- Volunteer to tutor a UCLA employee using personalized one-on-one lessons
- Promote language acquisition skills while developing critical teaching and communication skills
- One quarter commitment: Spring 2013, with an option to continue in future quarters
- Learn more & apply online by Friday, April 5: volunteer.ucla.edu/project-spell
Volunteer for UCLA Bruin Day
- UCLA Bruin Day takes place on Saturday, April 13, 2013.
- You can help welcome approximately 15,000 newly admitted students and their families to UCLA.
- Volunteers are needed to make this year’s event a success.
- Learn more and apply online: volunteer.ucla.edu/volunteer-event/ucla-bruin-day-2013